Sunday, September 28, 2008

About Me & First Encounter with Taekwondo.




My name is Shun Wen, I'm 25 as of this post. I'm currently working in the Navy. I live in a small 4-rooms apartment as with most 'ordinary' Singaporeans. I do bowl occassionally, having an average of 130+.



I started learning it with my elder brother at age of 8, with a club by the name of ACME, at Tampines North Community Centre, in 1991. I was selected for the "Demo Team", whereas my brother remained in the 'normal' team. Demo Team undergo vigorious trainings, training for displays kicks, sparring tournaments. My biggest demostration event was the National Day Parade in 1993, which you can view the video from ACME website, acmetaekwondo.com , in the Video Galley. I've personally screen shot and identify myself in the video, so you can spot the cute me at that time, haha! Just click on the picture to enlarge, I've circled myself!



I got my 1st Poom in 4th July 1993, and shortly after, I grew bored of the routine trainings, which was always demo and demo and drift away from TKD.



My adventures accumulated till then:



- One Gold Medal, One Bronze Medal from 1992 Pesta Sukan (National Tournament) Green belt poomsae event (taeguek 3).



- Demostrations in various locations/event: Healthy Lifestyle Day 1992, SIA Sports Club, Singapore Zoological Garden, National Day Parade 1993 and others more.

No comments:

 
Google